After years of trying and failing to understand what they're saying, following these easy steps, you can finally hold a conversation with a New Zealander.
- a medgen - Visualize, conjure up mentally, John Lennon's first solo album, 'Imagine' was a "bug hut" in NZ.
- Betting - "Betting gloves" are worn by "betsmen" in "crucket"
- Brist - part of human anatomy between "nick" and "billy"
- Booger - as in "mine's booger than yours"
- Choolly Bun - "Chilly Bin", as in Esky (chiller)
- Fooshenchoops. "Fish and Chips"
- Bedtimeyeradyeraircudiznit. - " It's about time you had your hair cut, isn't it?"
- Dimmer Kretz - those who believe in democracy
- Error Buck - Language spoken in countries like "Surria", "E. Jupp" and "Libbernon".
- Ekka Dymocks - University staff
- Guess - Flammable vapour used in stoves.
- Buzniss - Common type of degree
- Chick Out Chucks - Supermarket point of sale operators
- Jendles - Sandals, thongs, open shoes
- Colour - Terminator, violent forecloser of human life
- Cuss - Kiss
- Phar Lap - NZ's famous horse was christened "Phillip" but was incorrectly written down as "Phar Lap" by an Australian racing official who was not well versed in Kiwi-ese.